Mount Auburn Cemetery is located on the outskirts of Cambridge, near the Watertown and Belmont boarders. It’s one of my favorite places to take a stroll, and no, I am not being morbid. The Mount Auburn Cemetery is a sprawling garden that pays tribute to all who are burried there. It has been lauded for it’s landscape architecture. It is a sanctuary just outside of the city, where people can enjoy nature. I like to sit at the banks of the ponds and enjoy the world around me. For a peaceful retreat head to Mount Auburn Cemetery.
To refuel after the walk and reflection, treat yourself to an earthquake cookie at Sofra Bakery and Cafe!
Posted by Laurie, Concierge at Hotel Veritas
This year’s semifinalists for the James Beard Awards have just been announced and a few local favorites have been nominated:
- Trade for Best New Restaurant
- Drink for Outstanding Bar Program
- Jody Adams (Rialto and Trade) for Outstanding Chef
- Joanne Chang (Flour Bakery + Cafe) for Outstanding Pastry Chef
- Maura Kilpatrick (Sofra Bakery and Cafe) for Outstanding Pastry Chef
- Oleana for Outstanding Restaurant
- Roger Berkowitz (Legal Sea Foods) for Outstanding Restaurateur
- L’Espalier for Outstanding Service
- No. 9 Park for Outstanding Wine Program
- Troquet for Outstanding Wine Program
- Jim Koch (The Boston Beer Company) for Outstanding Wine & Spirits Professional
- Jamie Bissonnette (Coppa) for Best Chef: Northeast
- Jason Bond (Bondir) for Best Chef: Northeast
- Tim Cushman (O Ya) for Best Chef: Northeast
On March 19th, this list will be paired down a bit. Updates will be posted on the James Beard website.